11.04.2007

A Great Weekend




Friday afternoon Ryan and I headed to Waco for Baylor Homecoming. We got to see Jenny and her friends get ready for their Pigskin performance before we went to the bonfire and our 10:30 p.m. performance. Saturday was the Homecoming parade and Tri Delt's float won 1st place!

Yesterday afternoon I rode back to Dallas with Sarah and Stephanie and went to a Silpada Jewelry party with Sarah Tillman. After that, Lori and I saw "Dan in Real Life," which was great and I think I laughed the whole time. It was such a great weekend and the most fun I've probably had in some time. Today, I'm back to homework. Can't wait til next year when we have none!

Now for the sad news. Thursday morning, November 1st, Nick died. I miss him so much right now, but I'm glad he's not suffering and I don't have to worry about him anymore. He was a great dog and I will always cherish the time we had together. He had so many unique personality traits that impacted me in a way I never knew an animal could. It was such a pleasure and an honor to care for him during his last year of life, and I truly believe God brought him to me last Thanksgiving. It will be a big adjustment to life without Nick.

The hardest thing for me right now is coming home and him not being here, going to sleep at night and waking up in the morning to an empty bed. I know it will get easier with time, but I will miss him for a long time.

Nick's Album

No comments: