1.01.2008

On the edge of reality...

Well, I'm 5 days away from beginning my final semester of classes. I'm not sure I'm ready seeing as I've been off for over a month and every day has felt like Saturday for the past 5 or so weeks. It has been fabulous! I have had a month to kick back, not think about school, visit friends and family, and pretty much just chill. Only problem now is, I'm 5 days away from two days of testing during which I should be able to remember everything I've learned in 2 1/2 years of graduate school. (And I've been off so long I think I've forgotten everything I ever knew about audiology.)

Over the holidays, I got to spend 3 weeks at home with the fam. It was probably the longest time I've ever been home since I left for college and it was lots of fun. It was great to be in a new place, visit old friends, and see all the sights (my parents live less than a mile from a shopping mall and a mere 3.7 miles from REI in Houston)! I love our new house and the area we live in. It's easy to get to, yet relatively tucked away for being in the middle of Houston, and reminds me a lot of camp (lots of tall pine trees). We went on a 6 mile bike ride one afternoon through a beautiful park. The weather was gorgeous the whole time I was there.

I've recently decided I must be hitting the quarter-life crisis, because by the end of my stay I was pretty convinced I could just stay there and scrapbook all day, run errands for my mom, play Guitar Hero and Pool with Ben every night, and ride bikes on the weekends. Getting back to reality is going to be a bit of an adjustment. I don't think I'm ready. This semester is supposed to be a lighter one but right now it is seeming very daunting.

In less than six months I'll be starting my externship, which should be my first taste of grown-up life. I'm really looking forward to having no homework for a change. I've been in school for the past 19 1/2 years (about as long as my sister has been alive) and I'm ready to have a little free time on my hands! As soon as my tests are over, I'll be counting down the days!

1 comment:

Neena said...

I hope your testing went well. I think will have already taken it now. Love ya