9.12.2011

Weekend Adventures

The entire months of August and September are filled with mini vacations... St. Louis, Portland Oregon, Denver, Orlando & Las Vegas. But this weekend was one of my favorites, and I stayed pretty close to home!

Friday night I had dinner in a Baylor Dining Hall with a friend who lives on campus. If you know me you know I love to eat, and what's better than a buffet? I had tons of vegetables, a bean and rice burrito, and Blue Bell ice cream to top it off. It was so fun and I reminisced about the many times I've eaten at Memorial in my past life as a student at Baylor.

Saturday morning I drove to Dallas and spent an hour and a half with a toothless Rae and an always happy Olivia, baking brownies and painting nails. Then I went to a wedding shower for Reagan, who is getting married next month in Graham, Texas, of all places... Saw a couple of grad school friends there. Then I drove back down to Duncanville and spent an hour and a half with Marcus and Christina's girls, making chocolate sorbet and decorating a folder for Hannah's third grade Spanish class. Then it was up to Plano for dinner with Lori! We had fun catching up and talking about talking about babies and Africa. In my next life I'm definitely going to be a NICU nurse!

Sunday after church I took a few friends out on the boat. The Brazos was perfect, as usual. Sunny skies and refreshingly cold water for a change! Everyone tubed, kneeboarded, and got up on skis (even two first-timers)! It was a great day on the river, followed by some amazing "country fried sirloin" from Texas Roadhouse. What a fun weekend! They seem to last forever when you pack in so much activity :)

Looking forward to next weekend with Grandad and some Baylor football!

No comments: