Today I’m sort of (illegally) taking the day off… or at least the first half. In college, see, they give you dead days right before finals. The intent, I suppose, is to provide study time, but I believe its more important purpose is simply some time away from the daily grind to enjoy the spring weather and to figure out if you’re still sane before you get hurled into finals week. In grad school, they schedule finals whenever they please without regard to the fact that finals week even exists. Therefore, they totally burn you out before finals week even arrives and you have to create your own dead days in the mean time. Methods for this include: (a) pushing all homework aside for the weekend and pretending you don’t have anything to do, (b) skipping practicum or work, or (c) altogether boycotting various projects deemed worthless. I realize I’m not setting a good example for my sister here, but something else I’ve realized lately is how incredibly demanding grad school is compared to college. Boy do I miss the days of having breaks somewhere between the time you get up and the time you go to bed to just fool around and enjoy the day.
On a happier note, I’m getting really excited about painting the infirmary at camp next week. I think one room is going to be a forest and one room is going to be unda da sea – NOT little mermaid style! :) I’m not sure if I’ll have time to get to both rooms in just a week, but we’ll see. Maybe if I can get my act together after school is officially over this week I will be more prepared. I’ll try to take pictures of the finished product for your viewing enjoyment. Okay, back to reality...
4.24.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that was so weird....i was commenting on the old one and when i went back, there was a new entry :) i'm glad you're enjoying your day off!!!!
Post a Comment